Friday, May 31, 2013

Cohiba - Cuban - Toro ****REVIEW #400****

 
Strength: Medium
Origins: Cuba
Wrapper: Natural
Shape: straight
Length: 6"
Ring size: 52
Approx. cost: gift
Bdawg says: This is a milestone, my 400th cigar review. Let's rate a special cigar. How about a Cuban Cohiba.

Unfortunately this is often the problem Cuban cigars... My buddy gave me two of these. They probably cost him a pretty penny, so thank you very much.  However; one was in such bad shape, I had to throw it away.

Bad  Cigar - What did he do, keep it in has luggage for a year?
I put the second one (pictured at top of page) in my humidor and waited for it to become smokable. Five months later, here we go...

A medium brown wrapper in bad shape but smokable.  The draw was very easy, producing a tight white ash. The flavor is smooth, light cedar, toast and cream. The burn was slow and even. Excellent! If only it were in better shape, it would have easily been a 4. Because it is in such bad shape, I had to deduct a whole point. What a pity!  
A closeup of the label.
  ***UPDATE 12/23/19***  The robusto version of this cigar was just named CA's #4 cigar of 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment