Monday, April 8, 2013

Padron - Family Reserve 85 years - Maduro

 
Strength: medium full
Origins: Nicaragua
Wrapper: Maduro
Shape: Box pressed
Length: 5.25"
Ring size: 50"
Approx. cost: $20
Bdawg says: What a beautiful cigar. I got this as a gift for my 50th birthday from my parents. They actually bought it at Rocky Patel's Burn cigar Lounge in Naples Florida. (Also bought me a beautiful Rocky Patel lighter), but I digress.
 
The natural version of this cigar was rated as the #4 cigar of the year by Cigar Aficionado. Per C.A.; "Cigars made by the Padrón family are models of consistency, scoring in the 90s on a regular basis.  Most years the Padróns turn to some of their oldest tobaccos to make a new size in the Family Reserve blend. One of its most recent creations is the Padrón Family Reserve 85 Years, made in honor of company patriarch José Orlando’s 85th birthday in June 2011."

A gorgeous dark brown, well constructed wrapper. The draw is perfect, producing big clouds of billowy smoke and a tight, powdery white ash. The flavor is rich, complex, espresso, cedar, herbal spices and a peppery finish. The burn was slow and even. Beautiful!  Now on my Top 10 list!
 
I enjoyed this cigar while reading my new copy of Cigar Aficionado, with a Silver Cross Whiskey by Journeyman. I lit the cigar with my new Rocky Patel lighter. And ashed it in my new Big Stinky ashtray.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment