Saturday, April 14, 2012

Xicar HC - Criollo - Robusto


Strength: Medium
Origins: Nicaragua
Wrapper: Criollo
Shape: Straight
Length: 6"
Ring size: 50
Approx cost: $7.50
Bdawg says: First of all kudos to Absolute Tobacco in Katy, TX. This is where I bought several of the cigars I will be reviewing next. Great selection, good prices, knowledgeable staff. I wish I lived closer.This is the first time I have tied an Xicar HC cigar. Although they make great a great cutter which I use all the time. I like a criollo wrapper. It has very few veins and a dry not oily look and feel . It is medium brown slightly red with black flecks. The draw is nice. Flavor is spicy and tangy. The burn was even although it smoked a little quick (but not harsh). I would have rated this cigar half a heart higher if it would have burned a little slower.

Since I was visiting Texas, I enjoyed this with a Shiner Wild Rabbit Pale Ale which was a perfect match.

No comments:

Post a Comment