Saturday, April 14, 2012

(RP) Thunder by Nimish - Torpedo



Strength: Medium
Origins: Honduras
Wrapper: Ecuadorean Habano
Shape: Torpedo
Length: 6"
Ring size: 52
Approx.Cost: $8
Cigar Aficionado Rating:  90
Bdawg says: If you have read many of my cigar reviews you know that I am a huge Rocky Patel fan. This is actually another Rocky brand created by his cousin Nimish Desai. The wrapper is a dark brown cocoa color, nicely constructed, leathery, with minimal veining. I particularly liked the flavor of this cigar. It had a rich complex, peppery, burnt espresso flavor. At first, the draw was a little tight. But then I remembered I was smoking a torpedo. The nice thing about a torpedo is that you can control the draw. The further up you cut the cigar, the easier the draw. I simply recut this 1/16 of an inch further up and the draw was perfect. The burn was nice and even.

I enjoyed this cigar with a Bell's Kalamazoo Stout.

No comments:

Post a Comment