Saturday, April 21, 2012

Alec Bradley - Prensado - Churchill




Strength: Full
Origins: Honduras
Wrapper: Corojo 2006 Honduras
Shape: Straight - Box Pressed
Length: 7"
Ring size: 48:
Approx. cost: $10
Cigar Aficionado Rating:  96 (#1 cigar of 2011)
Bdawg says: The Alec Bradley, Prensado, Churchill has the distinction of being rated the #1 cigar of the year for 2011 by Cigar Aficionado. And I must say, the guys at C.A. got this one right. This is a gorgeous cigar with a dark reddish brown “cubanesque” look and feel. It has a rich, complex, smooth, leathery flavor. The draw is perfect and the burn is even and slow. This is easily a 90 minute cigar. I love it and will be ordering a box soon.

I enjoyed this one with a good buddy at a local cigar bar, with a live jazz band, and a Glenlivet on the rocks. Ain't life grand.


***Update 11/19/14****
A great cigar like this deserves a great beer to accompany it.
So I enjoyed this cigar with a Greenbush - Mr. Hyde.

Greenbush Brewing Co.
Sawyer, MI
Mr. Hyde - Sumatra (Coffee) Cream Stout
7.8% abv
On the day after Thanksgiving, me, my wife, my daughter, and her boyfriend
visited one of my favorite places on earth, Greenbush Brewery in Sawyer, Michigan. 
We enjoyed several tasty beers, then brought back a growler of Mr. Hyde.  3.5 Hearts


1 comment:

  1. Great evening...I found this cigar to be strong...gave me a buzz. really smooth and flavorful. Had a great time at the Cigar Lounge at LaSalle Grill. Great website...your getting quite the selection of reviews.

    ReplyDelete