Sunday, March 21, 2010

Rocky Patel - Velvet - Torpedo



Strength: Mild to Medium
Origin: Nicaragua
Wrapper: Connecticut - Ecuador
Shape: Torpedo
Length: 6.5"
Ring Size: 52
Approx. cost: $5.50
Bdawg says: That used to be my nickname in high school..."The Velvet Torpedo". But I digress. This is a perfect name for this cigar. I don't know how they did it but the wrapper seemed soft and vevlety. Unfortunately it was also quite veiny. The first puff, smooth, velvety and a nice flavor. Unfortunately about 1/2 way through, this cigar began burning very hot! I am a huge Rocky Patel fan... This one just did't make the grade.

2 comments:

  1. This is a strong cigar. Smoke volume is profuse and flavor is full. The smoke has breadth, best balance, and a savory, complex finish that doesn't overpower the palate.

    partagas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that BDawg...I love this brand and have smoked both the Torpedo and the 6X60 and its one of my favorites. The 6X60 of this is a great cigar. Its advertised as mild but would definately say medium. I like the smoothness of the cigar and I'm not a power smoker so they never burn hot for me. Bri you could probably smoke a 6X60 in a half an hour! :)

    ReplyDelete